Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Change

This post is mostly because I am sitting here pretty extremely bored and I have no desire to do ANYTHING but sit on the computer and do something other than clean, cook, take care of the kid (okay he's actually sleeping at the present moment) etc. I am so ready for winter to be over! I'm seriously feeling the cabin fever today.

But in actuality we do have some pretty exciting news! We are moving back to Montana. Billings to be exact. Hubs got a job with the Department of Transportation as a Safety Consultant. I think it's going to be much more up his alley and I think he is going to enjoy it a lot more than what he's doing now. He doesn't have to deal with Worker's Comp, Security and Environmental. Just purely safety. And it was a little jump in pay, so that will help cover additional expenses that we will be adding. Rent for example. What a big fat pain in the ass. We were so spoiled by not having to pay rent. I knew that, but until you actually have to dish out the money for rent, you just really don't realize how nice it is to not have to. And we had decided that we really needed things like a yard, a storage shed or garage and we were really hoping to find something with 3 bedrooms, that way we could have guests. As it turns out, Billings is NOT pet friendly (okay correction, dog friendly) and we were having a hell of a time finding something that would allow a dog. And anytime we did find something, it was for a dog 30 lbs or less, aka a rat dog, so not even a real dog. But we did finally find something that suited our needs. It was a little more than we wanted to spend, but with everything it included (yard, garage, washer, dryer, dishwasher, 3 bedrooms) it was actually a pretty good deal. Many houses that had equal amenities were a lot more. And the great thing is that it is only 2 miles from hubs' work. So not too much of a commute thankfully. Because of that, we will hopefully be able to get by with one vehicle for a while.

I am excited for this new move, but I am really sad to be leaving the Grand Tetons. There's just nothing else like this place. Not many people can say they live so close to something so beautiful. I will miss the mountains like crazy. And we have made some great friends here. So much has happened while we have lived here. This was where Jack was born. It is always going to be a special place for us.

It is going to be nice to be close to things too. I am definitely feeling like this week would be a good week to go do something with Jack. Anything really. We could go walk around the mall or go to the library or go workout at the YMCA (they have a daycare center). There are just so many more options for us. I'm also considering looking at a part time job. Now that Jack is a little older, I feel like it would be a little easier to work a little here and there. I really would want to find someone that I can trust though. I'm so wary of leaving him with someone, especially with him being little and not able to tell me if the person he's with is crazy or something. But I feel like if we can really interview the person and get a good vibe from them, it will be a good indication. I just think it would be good for both of us to be with some other people a few times a week. And maybe I could find a job that actually pays decent that it would add a little extra spending money to the budget.

Only time will tell. I am excited about this change. And nervous. It's always nerve racking when you are moving to a new place. I think we will make friends fairly quickly though. I've already joined a mommies group on Facebook, so I don't think it will be hard to find other people who are in the same place we are. That's the nice thing about moving to a city with 150,000 people. There are bound to be other like minded people. Only about a week and half left till we take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment