Thursday, November 15, 2012

Appointment Tomorrow

Well tomorrow is the day. We are going to see this little guy or gal for the first time! It's pretty exciting. Our appointment is at 2:30 so we'll leave work a little early. It sounds like it's going to be a fairly long appointment. Blood and urine test, internal ultrasound and whatever other tests they think I need.  I am praying that they don't want me to have a pap smear. I've actually made up my mind to refuse to do it, and I would prefer things to not be tense and awkward when I do refuse it. I had one this last February and I've never had an abnormal one. And I've only ever had one sexual partner during my entire life. They've changed the regulation to once every two years if you have never had any abnormalities, so I hope they don't insist on doing it just because I'm pregnant. I've had a few bad ones that were really traumatic and I just don't want to do it.

Anyway, that's the only thing that I am a little leery about. The internal ultrasound doesn't worry me though. I don't think it will be that bad. And it will hopefully be the only time I have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment