Friday, November 16, 2012

Potty Training Plea!

Maybe it's just because I don't know that agony of having to change 10-15 diapers every day yet, but I have NEVER understood why parents feel that it is appropriate to share the status of their child's potty training progress on Facebook. I mean really? The rest of the world really doesn't want to hear that your child pooped in the potty for the first time. And please, for the love of our almighty Father in heaven, DO NOT post a picture. It just crosses so many lines in so many places. I am generally happy that you're child will not be going to kindergarten wearing a diaper, but please, I don't really want to know!

Now if you have a funny story about your child potty training, that's a little different. For example, the pastor who lead my college campus Chi Alpha group told us a story about his son one night. Basically the youngest son was still in the process of learning to go on the potty. The older son really wanted to help him along the process. One day he walked into the bathroom and found his younger son facing the wall with his hands placed appropriately, buck naked, legs spread and cheeks open. His older son (who was maybe 5 at the time) had a big wad of toilet paper and was trying to wipe the younger son's butt clean. I can't even imagine walking in and seeing my young sons doing such a thing, but I would probably die laughing from it. But that is worthy of a Facebook share.

I won't promise to not post a pic like this...'cause
this is pretty gosh darn cute! 
I am posting this now, because I want to vow that no matter how excited I am that my child is taking steps towards never needing a diaper change, I will never post it on Facebook. My blog is free range (although I will never post a picture of his/her poop or pee anywhere in the world!) but never ever will I announce it on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment